This won’t take long. In India, Maruti Suzuki is the best-selling marque by a country mile. The Baleno, a mid-level compact hatchback in the same vein as a Volkswagen Polo or Honda Fit / Jazz, is the third best selling car in India. More than 170,000 Baleno were sold there in 2021, so a comprehensive refresh is big news.
The car will be exported to Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and, no lie—Suzuki says “etc.”… (If you know where that place is, I want to vacation there…)
How conventional is this car? It’s the NPC of hatchbacks:
- 1.2L gasoline 4-cylinder engine with start-stop technology
- 88 horsepower (66 kW) and 83 lb-ft (Nm) of torque
- 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic
- available 9-inch touch display with smartphone connectivity
- available 360° camera system
- 5 seats
You’ve read enough from me. That is pretty much it. The full release is below.