Fresh out of the box, modern vehicles are capable of some incredible feats of strength, endurance, and capability—sure. But what happens when the team of world-renowned off-road experts at Arctic Trucks are let loose on your everyday, normal SUV—a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport?
Your choice: 2.4-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine or 3.0-litre 6-cylinder gasoline engine? 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic transmission? Once those selections are made, the powertrain is left largely standard. Arctic Truck focused nearly all of its effort on the off-road essentials: tires and suspension. The AT35 upgrade package gets:
- 10J X 17-inch Arctic Trucks aluminum alloy rims
- 35 X 12.5-inch pneumatic tires with road tread
- Front OME (Old Man Emu) heavy-duty suspension
- Rear OME heavy-duty suspension
This increases minimum ground clearance by 52 mm (2 in) and dramatically improves approach and departure angles — check out the full specs table at Arctic Trucks for more information.
Want to play spot the exterior differences? Here's the full list of exterior modifications that enable the Arctic Trucks version to dominate off-road:
- front and rear “body geometry modifications” <– sounds like cutting -mb.
- rear fender liner “body geometry modifications”
- front and rear wheel arch extensions
- bonded seams with anti-corrosion coating
- mudguards with Arctic Trucks logos
- Arctic Trucks emblems
If you were headed to parts unknown, would you choose this Mitsubishi over a suitably-equipped Toyota or Nissan?