smart, concise reader-supported car & culture news
Stories are for everyone to read
Sign up for free; $5/mo to support
speedster.news publishes original stories about noteworthy new concepts, model updates, new vehicles, and race cars
vehicle-focused aftermarket, art, concept renders, fashion, films, gaming, software, tech, and trends
sign up for free and get
- email newsletter delivered on weekdays
- Weekend Edition feature on Saturday
- (always) the warm & fuzzies
paid members get the above, plus
- full story access and archive
- see publication analytics / web traffic
- direct contact with publisher
- (soon) Discord chat server / group chat
(look for speedster.news in your Promotions or Spam, because email in 2022)be a speedster
This publication was inspired by the vehicles people fall in love with: cheap, stylish, focused, fast—or too interesting to ignore.
– Michael Banovsky, publisher
Some questions, answered
click to expand ⤵️
Why are speedster.news stories so short?
Stories are purposefully short because they're focused for readers—speedster.news is about things that exist or will exist: vehicles, products, designs, tech, software (and more).
Call it "edited", or "curated" or "only the essentials" but the speedster.news approach is also our way of pushing back against the bloat, cookies, pop-ups, and garbage that many websites laden themselves with.
We only link out to correct and verified sources of information.
tl;dr: visit speedster.news, get informed…then share our stories (along with your opinion) somewhere else 😇
Who writes this?
speedster.news is written daily by Michael Banovsky in Canada.
Why aren't you covering ____________?
To maintain drive, focus & respect for our subscribers, speedster.news prioritizes a few clear topics: new concepts, model updates, vehicles, race cars—plus—transportation-focused aftermarket, art, concept renders, fashion, film, gaming, software, and tech. The new, shareable, and remarkable.
We professionally stay informed about but don't usually cover the following topics as full stories, unless it's something quite special:
- classic cars
- comparison tests
- crash tests
- government news
- idle speculation
- low quality reviews
- people (appointments, deaths, hires, etc.)
- plants closing / opening
- product teasers
- production start / stops
- racing results
- sales promotions
- sales results
- spy shots
- Top 10 Ways To Love Every Minute Of Your Car's Existence
- vehicle pricing
- Why You Want To Hug Every Mazda Miata
Why is there no comments section?
Several reasons, actually. Mainly: it's more open and fun and exciting to just talk about cars on Twitter. Drop me a note there, share a speedster.news link and let's start a discussion!
Michael Banovsky – @banovsky
If I become a paying subscriber, where does my money go?
- web hosting, the CMS, and email services;
- showing your support for fast & fresh news;
- making this a viable enterprise for years to come;
- hiring writers & creators;
- paying it forward;
- creating stickers & swag;
- ensuring independent & strong media thrives;
- letting us plan for the future of speedster.news;
- taking some financial pressure off;
…so we can make a living doing what we love. This is not a side hustle.